Tuesday, February 15, 2011

v-day

happy belated valentine's day! 

wes and I went out for brunch yesterday because he works later in the day and doesn't get home til 10:30 pm! boo! but yay for brunch! we went to my favorite veggie restaurant, the chicago diner ! we ordered a special appetizer, the potato skins. they were really yummy! I had a hard time deciding between brunch or a sandwich, but I finally went with buddha's karma burger. I had it before back when it was a special. it's made out of curried tofu and sweet potato and comes with a "mango-pineapple Karmic Realignment sauce." I like to order it with avocado because I am obsessed with it. I should get an avocado tattoo! I also had a chocolate strawberry soy shake. yummy!


wes is getting really good at shopping in my etsy faves and picked out this super cute button necklace from blockparty press for me. this is me wearing it!


I look like a dorkus. also, I love the instagram app!

I gave wes this really cool wallet made out of vintage deadstock vinyl that was used to upholster volkswagens in the 70s and 80s. super neat!



do you celebrate valentine's day? what did you do?

xo, beth

4 comments:

  1. I love the button necklace and the wallet!! How cool! I have been obsessed with sweet potato fries lately! I beat some egg whites mixed with some TJ's 21 Seasoning Salute, soak the fries,spread on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on more seasoning and sea salt and bake for 20 min at 350. The egg whites make them crispy but I am sure you can skip that for vegan and they will be just as fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally don't look like a dorkus! Supa cute as always. The dinner looks delicious!! I love avocado, too. We didn't do anything for Valentine's Day, actually. We're so unsentimental!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loove avocado too, Im obsessed I could easily eat it every day but they are kinda expensive here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm way late on reading your blog. :( Sorry about that.

    I could eat avocado every day! It is sooooooo delicious. I add it to every burger I get, when I remember! I wonder if I would like that burger you ordered, though. I'm not a big fan of tofu. But, it looked good.

    My hubby and I don't really do too much for Val Day anymore. He bought me a new digital camera (mine broke in Hawaii), but he gave it to me a couple days before Val Day. He said it was just a gift for no reason. Good, because I didn't get him anything! I ordered us a heart-shaped pizza that night and, after my little man went to bed, we watched The Social Network. Good movie!

    ReplyDelete